Sunday, December 26, 2010

2010 remembered...

2010 has been a year full of trials and accomplishments. I have found that when trials are hard, it helps you appreciate the happy times more. Going through the pain and heartache I have this past year has reminded me to be grateful for what I have. The hardest part of this year I thought would be my continuing struggle with infertility, but it turned out to be something much more trying, I lost my father. I never thought it would rock my world quite like it has. Things are getting better. Let's just say that I'm more than ready for 2011!

Heartache: Losing my father November 4th.
Dad in spring of 2005
Accomplishments: Being married to Jared for 5 years! Amazing! I couldn't have done all of this without him by my side, sometimes even holding me up. Here are a few pictures from when we got married. The first few are from our wedding dinner. Jared wanted nothing to do with a formal dinner, so we rented out a bowling alley in true Jared spirit. It was a blast! The last few are candid shots from the day of the wedding, December 22, 2005. 
  
Giving out raffle prizes
friends and family eating pizza before the bowling began


Some of my girls enjoying delicious pizza

The nieces and nephew trying to carry bowling balls

teaching the fine art of bowling

Jared and Jesse

Jared and Jesse

My Family

His family

outside the temple


My favorite picture from the bowling party
I'm very humbled by this last year and all that I have learned, even if it has been the hard way. It has been an amazing 5 years! I was really young when I got married, but I couldn't pass up marring Jared. I never thought our marriage could get better than what it was when we first got married, but it gets better every day!
A few other highlights of 2010 are:
-Going back to school
-Girls Camp
-Lake Powell
-Turning 25 and Jared pulling off a surprise party, themed 1985. It was awesome!
-Sun Valley
-Getting to see family, even if it's not the best of circumstances
-Celebrating 5 years of marriage
-A wonderful Christmas

What I know 2011 will bring:
-More school
-Another year with Jared
-Getting my passport
-Fulfilling my dream of traveling to Europe, specifically Scotland and possibly other places!!! I can't wait!

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

Merry Christmas Jesse!!!
Love you!

Brian and Stevie said...

Has it really been 5 years? Wow. That's wild. Congrats! The pictures are fun to look at. Remember when you set me up with Billy(aka Mike) good times. We need to get together again.

Natalie said...

Happy New Year, Jesse!!! I hope 2011 is wonderful for you. :)