This post is really late, but I thought I would share my story....
This story begins in February of 2005. I was set up on a blind group date. What is that you might ask...well it's when a friend sets up 3 girl friends with 3 guy friends on a group date and no one knows each other. It's basically multiple blind dates. Anyway, I was coupled with a guy, and what I really wanted was to be coupled with one of the other guys. After this night I only saw him once, until May of 2005. I was just getting out of a relationship and had sworn off dating and guys for awhile. I had even planned a study abroad to Scotland the following fall. One weekend evening a few friends drug me to a singles stake BBQ. I didn't want to be there, I wasn't much of a fan of the singles scene, but I had no where else to go. As my friends were flirting, I got bored. I looked around and saw a cute guy that I knew. He was playing Frisbee with some friends. I went over and said hello and was invited to play. I was excited to be doing something other than standing around. When it was time to go this guy I knew invited me boating. I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like that, so I agreed. We went boating a few times, and he was a really sweet guy, but I wasn't interested in a serious relationship. I was ready to be single. We hung out a little bit here and there, but I wasn't convinced to start dating yet. One weekend I got a call from him asking me to meet him somewhere because he had something for me. I met him at the mouth of Emigration Canyon where he gave me this as a gift...
You are probably wondering why THIS apple was given. Well, in an earlier conversation I had apparently mentioned that my favorite treat was THIS caramel apple. He not only was listening to me, he remembered and got me one. And as they say...the rest is history. Our first kiss was the beginning of July, we went to Powell later in the month, were engaged in September and married in December. WHOA! That went fast! So much for swearing off guys and going to Scotland! But, it was well worth the sacrifice. We've been married 5 years now. These have been some amazing 5 years. In many ways we've grown up together. But we are best friends and are happier now then we've ever been. And all of this because of an apple.
On the actual day of our 5th anniversary Jared gave me the apple you see above. It was the best gift he could have given. He sure is cute, I still think I'll keep him ;)
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I didn't know that story about the apple - I love that. We loved being with you guys.
That's such a sweet story. :) And that apple looks pretty tasty.
cute post Jesse! I remember going to that BBQ with you where you and Jared started your love romance. haha Those were the good ol' days. I'm so happy for you guys. And that apple does look amazing. Jared really knows how to win a girl's heart ;0)
The apple is amazing, there is a reason why I love it so much. And I love it even more because of its meaning now.
Now THAT is CUTE! Love it! You are phenomenal!
Post a Comment