Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know it's late, but I thought I would post about all of the things I'm thankful for. I really do live a wonderful life surrounded by the most amazing people in the world. I have the best husband. I couldn't have dreamed him any better. 6 years later, I'm even more in love with him than I was back then. He continually amazes me every day with how hard he works. And what's even more amazing is how kind and wonderful he is to me. I am the luckiest girl in the world to call him mine. I'm also very grateful for my family. By family, I mean all of you. First, my mother who is an inspiration to me. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, and especially all of my cousins, many of whom have been more like siblings. Also, I can't forget my friends. You are all wonderful! Despite the difficult times I've had, and not being able to live the life I had always thought I would, I look around me and can't help but feel so thankful for what I do have. I have what really matters, and that's love, lots and lots of love.

On to other things, my foot is doing better, I think. I get the stitches out on Tuesday if everything goes well. They still hurt, but not as bad as it did at first. I also just found out why other parts of my foot were hurting, I have huge blisters all over the same foot. Yikes! I keep telling my self someday I will be able to be active again and take my dogs on long walks.
I went to Texas to visit my mom for Thanksgiving. The trip was way too short, but we had a lot of fun and ate a lot of great food.
I'm up to my eyeballs in school work. I'm writing this post to avoid doing another paper. I don't know if I can take it. I want it so badly, but I wonder if I have the stamina to make it. I told my 11 year old niece the other day that I had homework I needed to do for school. She got this look of fear on her face that she would have to be in school for that much longer! Then I told her she wouldn't have to be, but that I still was. I think I might have scared her from every wanting to go to college since she thinks it's going to take a decade to get a bachelors. The disgust is exactly how I feel about it, but I don't want to back out now. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....
I hope everyone had a great Turkey day and is having a great holiday season!

2 comments:

Brad and Kimberly said...

you can do it! glad you had a great thanksgiving. can't wait to see you at christmas

Terry said...

I am so glad you got to come for Thanksgiving! I had a wonderful time! We do have a wonderful family, and that includes you and Jared!