2012 has been busy so far. Everyone's lives seem really busy these days. Why is it that we bite off more than we can chew? I have a tendency to do this. I think this time I've learned my lesson for good. I'm not super woman and I need to stop trying to be. All it does is make me stressed and unhappy.
As I think I mentioned in a previous post, we have started doing more infertility treatments. The medications for this take so much out of me. They make me really sick. I also have my every day planned out into hours of what I need to do and when. This new doctor got me ovulating within a month, which was a first. He's been great. We did our first insemination the beginning of January. It was an overwhelming experience, especially for Jared. Up to this point, he hasn't had to participate in the poking and violating. All he had to do was sit by my side. Now he has to participate. For those of you who don't know what an IUI is, I will explain it as it was explained to us. First they need to get the girl ovulating. This is done by putting them on cocktails of meds until they find the one works. Once they get the girl ovulating (which you know by taking your temperature every morning before you move as well as peeing on an ovulation stick twice a day) you schedule an appointment at the clinic the following morning. This can be tricky because you never know what day it will be and it's last minute. The actual procedure takes a few hours. They first take a sample from the boy. It's funny listening to Jared tell about it, he's great at keeping a good sense of humor about everything. Then they take his sample to the lab, do something to help his guys swim better, and give it back to us. We are then taken back into a room where a nurse puts a catheter through my cervix and into my uterus. She then more or less turkey basters it into me. I lay there for 15 minutes and then we are allowed to leave and go about our day. It's not painful, just invasive. It takes about 3 hours. We did our second one today. We now just wait again until I start another cycle or get a positive test back. Within 6 tries it has a pretty good success rate. If it doesn't work in 6 then we will look into IVF. Hopefully it works this time, or in the next few times. I'll be honest, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. It's been a long 4 years and at some point I have to turn off my emotions. But I can't help but get nervous and excited. It consumes my life. I think if things don't work by the end of the year, I'm going to take a break for at least a year. Move on with my life. I had a friend who has gone through the same struggles say something to me a few years ago. She said at least she has her best friend and love of her life by her side. If nothing else, she has this. It really made me sit back and think that worse case scenario it's just Jared and I. We will just have fun. I have a fantastic hubby who I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with, with or without kids.
Anyway, that's an update on us. Sorry, no pictures. There really isn't anything to take pictures of.
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Ah yes, the old turkey baster. I remember it well. We did that eight times before giving up and moving on. But it has worked for most people I know! Fingers crossed for you. I am already looking forward to your baby shower. It will be the biggest party ever :)
Ya we don't want pictures of that. This exciting! We will keep you in our prayers!
I read Jared's post on FB last night so I'm glad to see your update. My fingers are crossed for you both. You are an amazing couple. From the comments of these two wonderwomen who have posted before me...you have a great cheering squad of those who have traveled your road. I wish you the best!
I agree with all previous comments. I really hope this one works for you guys!! You two are awesome. Loves!
Uh... Nate got a picture last night :) I just completely love you two and my prayers are added among all the rest. xoxoxox
Hoping this works for you! I know how badly you want to be a mom.
Hope everything else is going well!!!
XOXO
Prayers and good luck being sent your way!
Jesse I miss you! I haven't talked to you in forever. I'm coming in town the week of March 18th so maybe we can go to lunch or something. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're doing more treatment that seems to be hopeful. We'll be praying for you!
Hey Jesse, we've been thinking a lot about the both of you! I hope everything is going well. Call me up sometime. I have something interesting to share with you and it might help!! Luvs.
Oh my gosh Jesse good luck!!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you that this round took! I started back on the meds this month as well though it wont be an IUI cycle. Who knows maybe by some miracle we will both have miracle babies together! I'm hoping, praying, routing for you two and wish you the best of luck!
Hope it all works out for you! :)
Post a Comment