Sunday, October 14, 2012

Results

So, I know this is the post many have told me they are waiting for. And let me tell you I was anxiously waiting for the results also. Luckily I had a great BBQ with family and friends to keep my mind of off it. We went in this morning for our blood test and were called a couple of hours later with the news. I immediately started sobbing. She told me "congratulations". I told her thank you, she then responded with, "don't thank me, you did all of the hard work". In church today (after the results) the talks were on reaping the rewards of your hard work and how God will bless you. It's been a very long 4 1/2 years. All I have ever wanted to be was a mother. I've never dreamed of a successful career, only of being a mother. It's the only thing I've ever dreamed of. So when we decided 2 years after we were married that we wanted to start trying to have a family I was so excited! I was finally going to be able to do what I've always wanted to be. When it didn't come the first few months it was hard. Then I missed my period, but I couldn't get a positive test back. No period came. So within 4 months of trying to get pregnant I was on Clomid to try. After years of cocktails of medications from all kinds of doctors I decided to take a break. It was hard work that was so emotionally and physically exhausting that I just couldn't do it anymore. We were also out of money. If you've ever been through infertility, you know that it's expensive. So after a break my father-in-law asked me what I was thinking about doing and he wanted me to go see this doc up at the U who he went to med school with. I was reluctant since I'd already seen so many doctors, but after a few months I finally agreed to go see him last November. He was amazing from the start. He diagnosed me with what I already knew I had (PCOS) from my own research. He asked me what I had done in the past and started off more aggressively, unlike previous doctors who wanted to start over every time. He did another cocktail of meds, but wanted us to do IUI's (inseminations). We did 3, our first was on January 2, 2012. After an endometriosis scare and no success with the IUI's, he wanted Jared to be tested right away. It was the first time a doctor had mentioned Jared. We knew I had problems, but he felt there had to be more. So by April/May we learned that Jared's sperm can't penetrate an egg, so between the two of us, it would be pretty much impossible for us to have children on our own. As awful as many might think that news would be, it was actually good news to me. I had answers. So we quickly moved on to IVF with ICSI (sperm injection). I went through literal hell this summer with medications and injections. The side effects and OHSS were so awful. After the physical and emotional pain of having to wait to transfer my embryos, I was really discouraged and didn't know if I would ever be able to have children. I did the transfer process, which was a piece of cake compared to the stuff in July, and got my results back today, after the longest 12 days of my life. "CONGRATULATIONS". The news every infertile woman dreams of getting. So within under a year, the one doctor did more than the other 4 combined. It was truly, hard work. Harder than I ever imagined it being. I still can't believe I'm writing this post. I will be buying a pregnancy test and taking it since I've taken so many with negative results. I have to see for myself that those things actually work, and that I'm really pregnant. I know I'm far from out of the clear. I'm very cautiously optimistic. But, I'm at least that. I have another blood test Tuesday to make sure my numbers increase like they need to, then I can schedule an ultrasound during week 6...which my birthday just happens to fall in :) Best birthday gift EVER. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, fasting, and kindness through all of this. It's amazing to know that so many people love and care about us.

PS. my DUE DATE is June 20th. Yup, I have a due date.

12 comments:

Talia said...

Horray!!! So happy for you guys!!! That is wonderful news and you deserve it!

Carly said...

I am in tears, I am so happy!!!!! You have been through so much Jesse-now enjoy this wonderful next step! Your pregnant! I know that those 12 days of waiting are literally hell, the hardest part for me. I am so glad you have good news, I will continue to pray that everything goes well. Can't wait to see who this wonderful precious spirit is going to be entering your life soon! xoxo

Michelle said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! So I happy for you. i know you still have a long haul so I will keep you in my prayers!

chantelle.elise said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Budding Home said...

Oh my gosh! YAY! Jesse that is such great news! Congrats and best of luck with everything, you two deserve it! :)

Kanani said...

Yipeee!! Oh Congratulations Jesse! I'm so happy and excited for you! YAY!!!

Rick and Kori said...

Congrats Jesse! SO happy for you!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations Jesse! We are so happy for you guys!! I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and we will continue to pray for you and your family!

Lindsey Jayne said...

What a story Jess!! I am beyond excited for you and will keep you in my prayers as you progress. You will be the best mama come June 20th!!! Yay!

The Nilsons said...

Yessss!!So excited to read this. Im so so happy for you guys! Congrats! I will continue to pray for you guys! xo

Katie said...

So happy for you Jared and Jesse! I pray that everything will go well from here on out! I always say that if you have to deal with infertility you shouldn't have to deal with morning sickness - we'll see if that holds true. :) Thank you for your example of faith!!!

P.S. It was so fun to see you at the BBQ and thanks for the yummy food!

Jana said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! We miss and love you!