Sunday, June 7, 2009

Home Remodeling

So I decided I could not handle the blah white paint and bachelor style house I was living in any longer! For those of you that have seen it, I'm sorry, and for those who haven't, be grateful. I decided I would not only paint my living room and hall way, but that I would also paint our bedroom and refinish the beautiful 1980's furniture we had in our bedroom. Which I was informed by my mother-in-law was purchased BEFORE Jared was born. But it was free so we lived with it.
In the living room we went with a color called Sea Green. I love it! And a warning...most of my house is furnished by Ikea.


In the bedroom we went with a color called Cappuccino. It looks awesome! And it's neutral enough that I can put any color bed spread I want to on the bed.

This is the night stand we refinished. We also did the dresser but I didn't get a good picture of it. I took before pictures but I can't find them. They would really make you appreciate all of the work we (mostly Jared) did on these things.



The finished product. I'm really excited to now feel like I'm not living in a bachelor pad anymore. The pictures don't do it justice...so you should come by and see it!
And I must say that for as design and style challenged as I am, I'm really proud of the work I did.
A special thanks needs to go to all of my help! Especially those who helped paint! It was a long two days but it was so worth it! Thanks!

6 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

Love the colors Jesse! The place looks great, good job!

TomKat said...

Jess, it looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Mindy Williams said...

It looks awesome! We did Cappucino in our house in MD before I was so rudely uprooted and didn't get to enjoy it very long. I also just picked out sea green the other day! Fun colors, it looks awesome. And hey, one day you can pass on the furniture and claim family heirloom, right?

Heidi said...

It looks really great! Much softer tones and a real homeyness. Great accessories and very daring to use white. I'm jealous:)

Gretchen said...

I cant wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Jesse!! Hi!! Sorry I am kind of random, ha ha, but I saw your comment on Stevie's blog so I had to check yours out! What a darling job you did with your apartment!! Seriously, soo soo cute!!
xoxo Shaylee