Friday, January 15, 2010

Beauty School Drop Out...

No I'm not going to beauty school, come on now, it's me we're talking about. What I'm talking about is the fact that i was a college drop out. And whenever I think about it the song from Greese always comes to my mind. Anyway, as of Monday I'm no longer a drop out. Jared and I get such great deal on school through his new job at Strayer University that we are both going back to school. I'm going back to at least get my associates before my classes start expiring at the U and hopefully go back to the U or another school and get a degree I can teach with. And he's going back to get an MBA (I think, he keeps changing his mind on which masters he wants). I've always wanted to be a teacher. I started down that path in the beginning but got married a little too fast and quickly dropped out so that Jared could finish faster. What really made me want to go back were two things. First, I really hate my job and it gets worse EVERY SINGLE DAY, which makes me want to go back to school, as awful as that sounds, so that I don't have to work crap jobs the rest of my life. I will someday have a job I enjoy. And second because I can't deny an opportunity to go to school online in my time for 25% of cost. So here I am blogging to let you know there will most likely be a lack of blogging in the future. Unless of course I'm procrastinating a paper or something.
Well I better get going, Bella keeps dropping her squeak toy at my feet and growling at me. I guess I've been in this chair too long today and she's had enough. Wish me luck because I'm going to need as much as I can get!

4 comments:

Brad and Kimberly said...

Congrats! You'll love being a teacher. Never a boring day!

Lizzie said...

Congrats Jesse! Way to go!

Chanse and Janell said...

Good job lady! I'm right there behind you!:)

Heidi said...

Yea! That is very exciting news! Great idea! Hang in there at the job...at least you have goals to get you out of there! Let me know if you need any help:)