Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hide and Seek and Hobbies

Bella

The other night I couldn't find Bella. I looked all over the house trying to find her so that we could go to bed. I walked past my closet and thought something looked off. Sure enough, when I turned on the light this is what I found. She had found the perfect spot. She even moved a few things around the make it more comfortable. She has now claimed the closet as hers. Luckily she doesn't chew shoes, couches yes, shoes no. Or at least not yet.


This is Bella sleeping again. She won't actually chew on the bones, she just keeps them away from Floyd. She sleeps with them so that he can't have either of them. And notice the chewed up couch that she is laying on. Most of the time I keep it covered up. But they keep pulling the blanket off. It's almost as though they have to show off their work to the rest of the world. They are too much fun!
Hobby
So I've started a new hobby, crocheting. I love it. I never thought I would. But I decided to try when I found a store having a sale on this cute fabric that would be perfect for my future twin boy nephews. My mom had tried to teach me in high school but I didn't care to learn then. I really enjoy it now. If you have ever been around me for longer then 5 minutes you know I have to be doing something with my hands, usually I play with my hair. But my hair needs a break sometimes, so I decided to do this instead. It's awesome! These are my first blankets and burp clothes. They aren't professional or anything, so those of you who are pros at this stuff don't judge.
Next I'm going to try making actual blankets. Hopefully I will be able to. It will take practice. Anyway, if you are having a baby anytime soon, don't be surprised of you get one of my new crafts.
When I first started Jared wasn't too sure how he felt about me doing this. I tried to convince him, but when he came home one day and I was crocheting while watching Oprah he about died. I've since sold him on the idea and he's okay with it now, as long as I'm not watching Oprah. But it was funny.


I leave for girls camp on Monday, AAAAHHHHHHHH. I'm super excited. Unfortunately that is also the week of midterms for school, so I might not blog for a few weeks. Sorry.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Aww...Bella is cute! :)

I've never crocheted. But I have done some knitting. It's kinda fun. Although, I sucked at it. I only made scarves.

TomKat said...

Jess! Those look awesome! Nicely done :)

Brooke and Josh said...

Jesse. I love your new hobby. You're really good at crochet-ing. I don't know if you knew already but I know that Jessica Elder and Andrea and some friends get together every week for knit night. I bet you would love going now that you're into crochet-ing. Anyway, talk to them about it cuz I'm not even in slc but I just thought I'd let you know. Hope everything is going well. Miss you.

Terry said...

Those turned out beautiful! You are really good at this!

Chelsey Hansen said...

Jesse! i'm sad I didn't get to see you when we visited...however, I'm very proud of your new hobby and I really really loved those kind of blankets and burp cloths for Kylee... They're great!

Talia said...

So cute, Jesse!

Heather said...

Your dogs are adorable! And those blankets and burps look so good! Way to go girl!