Thursday, November 4, 2010

bitter-sweet

These past few weeks have been bitter-sweet. My father has been ill for many years. He went up and down. I knew this day would come too early, but it was somewhat fast. The past few months his health declined quickly. We were all kind of expecting him to bounce back like he always has. A few weeks ago he was to the point where he was pretty much confined to his bed. Hospice was called in about 10 days ago. He slipped into a coma Wednesday and passed away peacefully Thursday afternoon.
Last Saturday, October 30th was my 25th Birthday. Jared surprised me with an 80's themed Halloween surprise party. Everyone came dressed in 80's, even me. He kept insisting that I dress up and I love dressing up so I was fine with it but was shocked that he was so into it. Especially since I thought we were just going to watch the Utes game. The party was awesome, he even had Cafe Rio cater it. We watched Breakfast Club, which came out in 1985, the year I was born. He had everything planned out. He's so amazing! It was a great time and helped take my mind off of my dad. However, I've been so scatter-brained that I didn't even get pictures of the party.
I saw my dad for the last time on Monday. It was hard to see him that way, but it helped me be okay with him going. He needed to go. We've been able to do a little bit of planning so we aren't having a complete melt-down. I do feel way too young to be planning a parents funeral. This stuff is supposed to happen much later in life. I've definitely matured a lot over the past week. I don't often speak of serious personal stuff. I'm usually pretty private. I guess I just want to let others know what's going on in my life. It's also therapeutic to write stuff down. If anyone would like more information please email me.

This post is in loving memory of my daddy.

October 22, 1957-November 4, 2010.(Me and dad 1987, my 2nd birthday)
(Me and dad 1989)
(Me and dad 1989)
(Grandma on mom's side, dad, and me 1990. I'm sure grandma would be mad that I'm showing this picture with her hair so crazy)
(Grandpa, dad's step dad, me, dad, and grandma, dad's mom 1991)

8 comments:

Jared and Lauren said...

Jesse I'm so sorry to hear about your dad!! Jared is awesome for throwing you a party! Sounds like is was fun!

Chanse and Janell said...

Jesse,my heart breaks that you lost your dad. My thoughts are with you and your family! I love you!!!

Jamie said...

Jesse, I am so sorry about your dad! We are thinking about you and keeping your family in our prayers.

The Bawdens said...

Sorry to hear about your dad jesse. My thought and prayers are with you.I hope you had a Good birthday! It sounded like fun.

Heidi said...

So sorry sweetheart! let me know what I can do. I hope you can get through it all this week. my thoughts will be with you. thank you for sharing it here, I agree, it is therapeutic to write! it just gets your thoughts in order. hang in there. you can do it!

Natalie said...

Jesse, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I remember him throwing a birthday party for you in junior high. He was a good man. Just know that he will be watching over you from Heaven. Sending you happy thoughts, hugs, and love!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I love the pictures. He looks like he was an amazing dad! Our prayers our with you and your family. Happy Birthday a little late. :)