Monday, May 7, 2012

Famous Jared

So, if you didn't know, Jared LOVES food, and LOVES cooking. I never had a weight problem until he came along. The past few years he's been perfecting ribs, and he's more than perfected them. We have constant requests for them. The only problem is they aren't cheap. However, when someone else is willing to put up the $$ for them, we are happy to make them. So, for Jared's aunt Barbie's b-day she wanted them, so we made 5 racks for the Nelson clan....with no leftovers. Here is what you do.

Step 1: Buy loin back ribs (pork), we usually count on 3 people per rack, unless you are feeding a bunch of guys, then be safe and do 2. We buy them from Costco usually.

Step 2: Rinse ribs with water to get off any blood or anything that they may have on them. Then rub them with your favorite rub, we have liked the McCormick pork rub, but you can also make your own. To rub, just generously sprinkle it on both sides of the meat, covering all of it.

Step 3: Layer racks in a deep pan, I use a turkey pan. I could barley fit 5 racks in mine, I wouldn't suggest any more. Bake, covered with foil, at about 225 degrees for about 8 hours.

After rub, before oven.

After 8+ hours in oven
Step 4: Take them out of the oven a few minutes before grilling.

Step 5: Put on grill for about 15 minutes total time, so 7ish per side. Slather with bbq sauce on both sides. This caramelizes the sauce to the ribs and is what makes them delicious!

making sure they aren't poisoned


The grill master doing his thing, and yes he's wearing a table cloth as an apron, since we forgot his at home, hehe.

On the grill, and pretty much the finished product. A-M-A-Z-ING!
They will fall off of the bone, I promise! We use a mixture of famous Dave's sauce, I think it's two to one blue to purple bottles. We have tried many, and these are our favorite. It was a delicious meal, as always! When I eat them I remind myself why people beg him the make them. They are really easy, but SO delicious! So there is the secret to our ribs. Yum, it's only been 24 hours and I already want more!

ps. As a sign in a great little restaurant said, "Never trust a skinny chef"!

1 comment:

Kanani said...

Oh My, I think I want these now and I may have to make them sometime, oh wait we don't have a grill. BUT I will find a way!!