Friday, July 20, 2012

Moving Forward

Well, it has been a very difficult few weeks. The physical recovery was very rough. My ovaries were bigger than oranges. Each day gets a little better and I'm finally able to live my life like normal, almost. Exercise, like walking up a flight of stairs, is still difficult. I only ended up with 6 embryos frozen. It's not the number I wanted, but they are decent quality. I will start the implant process the end of August and hopefully implant two embryos the middle of September. Hopefully those 6 embryos will get me my two children.

In other news, we are almost done with the selling of our house. The inspection and appraisal came back great so we will be closing in just over a week. We will then make the final decisions on the new house and get that started. We are excited and overwhelmed with all that has gone on this past month. Hopefully this time next year I will be in my beautiful new home with a baby in my arms. Hopefully my dreams aren't too big.

Other than my slow recovery, things are going well. I've decided today that I've been too negative about my life. I've been so blessed and I forget to look at the good. I'm surrounded by good, and I've only seen the bad. So, I'm changing my point of view.

My wonderful mom is taking such good care of my puppies that they aren't going to want to come home from Texas. They are down there while we live with the in-laws and build our house. They get to go on long walks down empty dirt roads and Bella gets to chase birds and run through corn fields. Floyd has only gotten out a few times, and only gotten into the neighbors chickens once....I'm sure it was one of the best moments of his life. We are so excited to see them and family over Thanksgiving.

I'll keep you all updated on progress.

3 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

I have always thought you are so positive! Good luck with the implant process! I'm thinking of you!

Penny said...

Jesse,
We've been keeping you in our prayers. IVF is a roller coaster. Carly's in CA right now waiting for retrieval.
Hang in there!

Carly said...

Jesse I am so grateful for your 6 embryo's. Just imagine the pure joy you will feel once you have your child in your arms:) IVF is a hard road but definitely makes you want a baby more than anything. It's all worth it. Love ya and thinking about ya.