Monday, July 2, 2012

Trials

So, egg retrieval is tomorrow morning first thing. They warned me from the beginning that I have a very high risk of Ovarian Hyper Stimulation. This is when your ovaries get way too big because they are over stimulated and it makes you really sick. Well, I already have it and it's only getting worse. I was put on bed rest Saturday because they are getting so big. As of Sunday morning my ovaries were the size of oranges. I have been really sick from it and in pain. They are still going to do egg retrieval tomorrow, but if it gets too bad they will put off implant (like they originally planned) until my body recovers. I did my trigger shot last night and now it's just a waiting game until tomorrow. As hard as this has all been, physically and emotionally, I've never had so much hope and faith. I've somehow managed to stick myself with needles multiple times a day and now don't even hesitate. I used to pass out when I got my blood drawn, now I don't flinch. I don't wish this on anyone. IVF isn't easy at all. However, knowing it's the only chance I have at ever having kids, I'm willing to try. I knew it would be difficult, but after as sick as I've been I don't think I realized how hard. But, now I have less than 24 hours and hopefully will start feeling better. If I'm feeling up to it I'll blog about how many eggs tomorrow after I'm home. If not, I'll get around to it soon. Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers. You have all been amazing supports to me, thank you!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thinking about you today! Good luck!

Budding Home said...

Jesse! I'm so sorry this is being rough on your body! But I'm so glad you have such a positive attitude about all of this. You're being my awesome roll model and I can't wait to see you with your miracle baby. Good luck to the both of you. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.