Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's a...

If you haven't already heard from facebook, we are having a baby boy! It was what I thought and a majority of people thought it would be. I would have been just as excited with either. It's just exciting to know and it made it more real. The best part of the ultrasound today was seeing the baby. He's big and strong. He woke up during the ultrasound, I would guess because they were pushing him around trying to get measurements. It was crazy seeing him move on his own. I'll admit, I teared up a little bit. When she went to find out the gender she didn't have to look long, seriously in 5 seconds she was like, "oh, well it's a boy!" We have a great picture that is unmistakably a boy. He's not shy! It's still hard to believe this is happening, but today made it feel more real than before. It's such a relief to see the baby growing and hear the heart and know they are doing so well. Jared was especially excited. He's emailed or texted every person he's ever known it seems. He's such a proud daddy. We had some gift cards to the Gap so we decided to get some outfits for him. Man kid clothes are pricy! We really wanted to get him a bow tie for the outfit to announce what we were having. Jared has been wearing bow ties since he was a teenager. It's kinda his trademark. So of course his mini me needs one too. But man those things are hard to find! We went to five stores and this is the only one we came across. Luckily it's pretty cute. Jared picked out the outfit on the left (basically what Jared wears every day) and I picked the one on the right.

And here is a belly shot from a few days ago. Nothing much, but it's finally looking like a pregnant belly and not just a fat belly.

4 comments:

Terry said...

I am so excited for you - an not surprised that it's a boy! You are both going to be such great parents!!

Katie said...

Makes me so happy to read your blog and hear about the good news!! Congrats!!!

Carly said...

You totally look pregnant! Super cute!!

Chanse and Janell said...

yay!! so exciting!