Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Year I'll Never Forget

2013 is a year I will never forget. Ever. It has seen incredible happiness and miracles as well as extreme trials and sorrow. Highs and lows. I'm sure most of you know everything I'm going to recap and have seen the pictures, but here it goes.

The year began with me being taken off of bed rest, which was a huge relief after everything we went through to get pregnant. We were slowly getting settled in Houston. In February we found out we were having a boy. We couldn't have been more excited. Even though I knew I was having a boy, it was so exciting finding out for sure. Honestly, pregnancy was the easiest part of 2013. My mom was diagnosed with a rare, incurable, aggressive form of cancer. She was diagnosed the end of March and passed the middle of July. I was blessed to be able to care for her 24/7 during those months. I miss her every day and can't wait to see her again. We welcomed our little Samuel in June. We have loved having him in our lives. I seriously can't believe I have such an awesome little dude in my life. Jared was laid off after being transferred down there by his company (they laid off like 400 people). I turned 28. We moved back to Utah and are now living with family while we recover from our overwhelming year and figure out what our next step is. We celebrated 8 years of marriage. We celebrated Christmas with family, and Sam made out like a bandit. Jared turned 32. We are ready to see what 2014 has in store for us.
Here is our year in photo highlights.



It started off in Houston, getting used to the critters.

Being pregnant

Amazing showers with amazing people
My mom getting diagnosed with terminal cancer and spending every day with her.






Having my miracle baby Samuel

His proud daddy

Mom getting to meet Sam.







1 month!

Losing mom.






Texas cousins

Our first try of food other than cereal. He loves it!

Our family portraits

He just melts me. I love this little guy so much






Lots of cousins

Visiting mom on Christmas Day
Matching jammies with cousins


We LOVE bath time!

 These are just a few of the highlights from our year. Who knows what 2014 will bring. Hopefully it will bring stability and some sense of normal to our lives. At least we have a darling little boy to keep us going and make us smile every day. We can't express how grateful we are for him! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Bring on 2014.








No comments: