That's what my life feels like. I started injections yesterday. Jared had to do the first day because I couldn't bring myself to do it. I did them all by my big girl self today. I had to because it's Jared's late night at work. I still have a different protocol than most, but when I did my ultrasound Friday my doc said my diligence in taking my metformin (the AWFUL medication that makes me SO sick) paid off because my ovaries are a normal size. The most exciting parts to that news is 1) I don't have to do daily ultrasounds and 2) I should be able to implant right after egg retrieval. So, if all goes well I should have egg retrieval next week and implant the week after. I will keep you all posted on my #s.
Because my life isn't complicated enough, we decided to sell our house and build a new one. Ya, I know, I'm crazy. Thanks to my mom's hard work we were able to pull it off and it hit the market this morning. We had a showing this evening and have another one tomorrow. Hopefully things go well. We don't know why, but we've felt like we really need to build a home. We are now living in my in-laws basement (don't worry it's more square footage than my house was). We will be able to save some $$ while building. My sweet pups are moving to Texas during the build. I hope they do okay. Floyd does well with everything. He loves the adventure and change. Bella doesn't. We've had them uprooted these past few weeks going here and there to get them out of the house while we pack, re-do the back yard, and clean. She's lost some weight. I'm really worried about her. But, hopefully she can get into a routine in Texas and do better.
Right now I feel very overwhelmed. Both with good and bad. I'm overwhelmed with all that is taking place in my life. Two really big events (selling a house and doing IVF) are almost too much for me to handle. I'm sick from the meds and always overly emotional from the hormones. I also feel very overwhelmed at the love and support from friends and family. I've had friends offer to take the dogs, and friends and family willing to come help me pack and clean for hours. I couldn't have done it without them because I've been really sick. I'm humbled that so many people love us so much. How did I get so lucky to live the wonderful life that I do?
Monday, June 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thats so good you get to do your implant right after retrieval! I'm so happy for you! I'm also impressed you could do the shots all by yourself. That has to be so hard. You have such a great attitude! Good Luck!
ahh! i've got a good friend who did IVF injections... hang in there, Jess! i sure admire you!! ps: where are you moving??
I am so excited for you. Great things are ahead of you. I can't believe you are moving. That is exciting. Where are you building?
Hope everything goes well Jess. Praying for you!
Thanks everyone! We are building in North Foxboro.
I am so happy that you get to do implant right away. I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but if you start feeling crazy, overly emotional, irrational, and anxious beyond belief-just know you are normal! :) I always felt that while doing IVF. It's a hard thing that's for sure, I think harder than some can realize, but it's also such a blessing as I'm sure you are also feeling a long with the craziness. Hang in there girl, so excited for ya. Love ya!
Hang in there guys!! We are praying for you!
Post a Comment