Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Memorial Day

For those of you who don't know, my father passed away about a year and a half ago. I buried my dad in Monticello, Utah because that was where he asked to be buried. He's next to his mom, my grandma, and many other members of her family. It took a long time to get his headstone put in, and it's a 5 hour drive. So between the two, it took me awhile to finally see it. It's a hard moment sitting there really thinking about him being gone. I've done most of my grieving and don't think about it daily like I used to. However, there are random moments that get to me. I'll see things that remind me of him or have a question that I know he would know the answer to and have to remind myself he's not here. But, he's in a better place. One nice thing about going a week after Memorial day was being alone. There weren't any other people. I had some nice quiet time.
As to what I think everyone looks at my blog, IVF updates, I should start injections next week. I'm really nervous. I hate needles. I don't look forward to any of it really. I am happy that I will get two months off before they implant. Most people do the implantation right away, but because of my PCOS my doctor is worried about my ovaries swelling too big and wants my body to be healthier and my ovaries back down to a normal size before implanting embryos. Life is beyond crazy right now. I'll try to remember to take pictures and blog during the process. Thanks for all of the love and prayers, we can feel them and appreciate it!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Good luck with your injections Jess, for me I get to a point where I'm out of my body and dont even think anything of the injections, just get 'er done;) You will feel like a pin cushion for a while-but hang in there, your going to do awesome at them!