I was definitely wrong about feeling better. We went in for egg retrieval Tuesday morning. It went really well in that we got 35 eggs. That's a lot! But, I've been so sick. I got really bad OHSS. I've been sick and could hardly do anything these past few days. I've slept a lot. I'm finally keeping solid foods down. Anyway, let's just say that Tuesday was hard enough that I don't think I can put myself through this again. So instead of implanting the embryos this weekend, we are waiting for my body to recover for a few months. Hopefully the beginning of September we will be able to implant.
So, as for numbers, as I said we got 35 eggs, 20 of which were mature. So they fertilized those 20 but also let the remaining eggs mature on their own and see if they could get any of those to fertilize. We got 14 of the mature eggs that are doing well, one of the eggs that wasn't mature still fertilized, so we have 15 total embryos. We will know probably Monday how many make it through the weekend and can be frozen. Hopefully enough for me to get 2 kids. That's all I want.
Every day gets a little easier. I'm still not up for much activity, but am hoping to conquer the grocery store this evening. baby steps.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jesse that is absolutely amazing! I have honestly never heard of anyone getting so many eggs, and your embryo count is terrific. I could not be more thrilled for you. Of course I am so sorry your not feeling well. Hang in there girl, the hard part is over! Whew!
Wow that is a ton of eggs and embys! Hopefully, fingers and toes crossed those are your 2 amazing kids that you have been waiting for so long for! Hopefully you get back to feeling 100% very soon! <3
This sounds like an awful process. Hope you feel better soon and that things work out!
Post a Comment