Tuesday, October 23, 2012

They really do work!

Yup, that's right folks, those stupid pee tests, that I've taken dozens of times, actually work! I know it's stupid that I went and purchased the expensive pee test when I've already had blood tests to tell me I'm pregnant, but after so many years, I'm still having a hard time processing it. I needed my own proof. Also, my second blood test came back great. It had more than doubled which is awesome!



So far no harsh symptoms. The only thing that almost got me was someone standing next to me chewing a black licorice candy. I've never liked the candy, but I could smell someone else eating it, and it was like smelling puke. ew. Other than that I haven't felt sick. I haven't felt abnormally tired. It's hard to really let it sink in because there are no big symptoms yet. I guess I always imagined I would be puking my guts out by now. I'm not complaining, I'm not wishing or hoping for that, it's just different than I imagined it would be. I waited and tried for so many years for this, and now it's here. It's kinda like, now what? I never let myself buy pregnancy books because it was too hard at the time. Now I'm buying them and downloaded apps all over the place. Then after those, I need to start buying books on how to care for babies and kids. Any suggestions?

There are many pros to having a retired OB/GYN as your father-in-law. It took some getting used to. I come from a family that doesn't talk about anything along those lines. But as I've opened up it's been great to have someone so close who I really know has my best interest at heart. I'm carrying his 20-something grandchild after all. He gives me my awful progesterone butt shots every night. He answers all of my questions. And he has all sorts of pregnancy magazines that still come to his house :). So, there was an article in the Aug/Sept issue of fitPrefnancy magazine titled Formerly Infertile. I read it before I was pregnant and laughed. The best part of the article (which is written by a woman who was infertile and then had children through treatments) is their "You know you're pregnant after infertility if..." list. My favorites are:
-You've been taking prenatal vitamins since 2009 (mine is actually 2008)
-Your idea of foreplay is your partner swabbing your butt cheek with an alcohol pad before stabbing you with a 3-inch progesterone-filled needle.
-You have a grainy picture of a 5 day old embryo in your kids baby book.
-The thought of sex alone producing a baby sounds as quaint as churning your own butter or sending a letter via Pony Express.

It was a good laugh to me. For those of you who are interested, it really is a great article.


Life is great, I miss Jared like CRAZY. Being away from him for so long is awful. We are still trying to get our stuff moved to Texas. His company is paying for it so we have to go through them which is great because they will do the heavy lifting, but taking forever. We have a house down there, but no furniture to put in it. He's down there working and I'm up here in Utah waiting for my ultrasound on the 30th (best birthday gift EVER). All I want is to be settled. We haven't been settled in so long that I can't wait to just have our own place with our stuff organized and put away. I took for granted the simplicity of my life up until June. I prayed for so long that I would feel like my life was moving forward, and God gave it to me all at once. IVF, promotion, pregnancy, and move to another state all in one summer. I'm pretty sure by the time I catch my breath it will be time to have a baby. As hard as this has all been, I've never felt so blessed. I never imagined my life could be so great. I'm so lucky. 

3 comments:

Chanse and Janell said...

Jesse!! I am SO SO SO happy for you! Congrats!
XOXOXO

Heather said...

Jesse! I am so incredibly happy for you. I am glad that you are feeling well! Hopefully that lasts throughout your pregnancy. As far as books... I loved the book "My Pregnancy Week by Week" it was much clearer to me than the what to expect when your expecting books and I looked forward to reading the next chapter every week. Good luck and congrats!!!

the lawrence's said...

Jesse!!! I am so happy and excited for you!!!