Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Being homeless wouldn't be so bad...would it?

Well we were supposed to close on our beautiful little home in North Salt Lake this morning, but nope, it didn't happen. I got a call yesterday from our wonderful realtor saying that some papers weren't ready in time for a 10 am closing the next day, and that it probably wouldn't happen until Thursday or Friday. So I call Jared in complete panic, I make him call his friend Jay who helped with the mortgage and figure out what is going on. Well someone had quit at the bank or something, so they were short handed and didn't have time to get the paper work done, or something like that. So no closing Wednesday.
So here I am starting to think of what could happen if we don't close by tomorrow. Since the title company needs time to get the deed recorded and stuff we need to close by tomorrow to get the keys by Friday so we can move. We have to move this weekend no matter what, we gave our notice and have to be out by Tuesday. So with Jared's sister already living with his parents, I'm think we will be moving into my moms new LITTLE house. But that means we have to move twice, no fun! But I have been told not to worry about getting the house, everything looks good, it's just when will we get the house? I will keep you posted on how things are going when I find out, But for now it's just a waiting game.

4 comments:

JenErik said...

how frustrating. come visit us for a little while :)

The Duncans said...

Aw, thats sounds like a mess I am sorry you are having such a hard time with a house. On the other hand yay, its nice to see you at least on the blog. How fun... a house, you guys are very lucky! We still aren't able to get into a house yet. Good luck with closing!

Chelsey Hansen said...

Ahh these are the days...sounds like there's a lot of stress!!! I hope all goes well and that it'll be a fun adventure. :) love ya

Brad and Kimberly said...

Jesse I am glad everything worked out. We went through that too and had to stay at our relators house for a day! Miserable! Hey we have a blog now, so we can keep up on each other! http://bradandkimberlystewart.blogspot.com/